By Connie Limon
At West Palm Beach there are sunny skies and almost perfect weather year-round.
Enjoy a wide variety of outdoor and cultural attractions at West Palm Beach, Florida in the U.S.A. There is golf at several pristine local courses. The Lion Country Safari is a unique place to visit. Take a look at African chimps and endangered species like the Southern White rhinoceros as they wonder around freely in a natural habitat at the Lion Country Safari.
Other vacation ideas and attractions at West Palm Beach include:
• Peanut Island at 2400 North Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A. feature day tours as well as group tours. Telephone: 561-966-6600 or 88-366-5004. Peanut Island has a dock, anchorage, designated swimming area, snorkeling, sandbars, picnic areas, restrooms, showers, camping facilities, footpath, museum and presidential nuclear bomb shelter.
View crystal clear blue water on incoming tides. The large ships at Port of Palm Beach and the famous homes of Palm Beach are nearby. Peanut Island is manmade out of a huge pile of dredged sand created over the past 80 years. The name is derived from a peanut oil shipping terminal that at one time was to be built there.
• The Lion Country Safari located at 2003 Lion Country Safari Road, Loxahatchee, Florida, U.S.A. features giraffes, apes, rhinos, African chimps and more roaming free in a drive-thru wildlife preserve. Telephone: 561-793-1084.
• Shopping at City Place is popular among visitors and residents. The architecturally unique for southern Florida shopping center looks like a European town and includes more than 50 well-known retail shops. Restaurants and fast-food eateries are also available in this shopping center at 700 S. Rosemary Avenue, West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A
• Golf at the Emerald Dunes Golf Course that is especially known for the Super Dune. The Super Dune is a peak with a spectacular panoramic view of the surrounding areas. This is a very popular golf course that includes three tees, three greens and a gorgeous cascading waterfall. Emerald Dunes Golf Course is located at 2100 Emerald Dunes Drive, West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A. telephone: 561-687-1700
• The Norton Museum of Art: Is the largest art museum in Florida and has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation. The permanent collections at Norton Museum of Art include masterpieces by artists such as Picasso, Monet and Matisse. Norton Museum of Art is located at 1451 S. Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach, Florida. Telephone: 561-832-5196
Where to stay when you get there
If you prefer luxury hotels, review the following for vacations ideas:
• The Breakers is extremely popular in West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A. with rooms starting at $289
Moderately priced hotels include:
• The Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront Resort with rooms starting at $145.
• Hotel Biba in West Palm Beach with rooms starting at $59.
If your weekend getaway vacation ideas include traveling on a budget, review the following hotels:
• Crowne Plaza West Palm Beach with rooms starting from $126.
• Comfort Inn Palm Beach Lakes have rooms starting at $69.
About the Author
Important Disclaimer: The URL address in the resource box of this article is not associated with any of the restaurants, businesses or attractions mentioned in this article. We do not promote any of them. This article and the web site are offered as a resource for formulating vacation ideas.
© 2007 Connie Limon All Rights Reserved. For more vacation ideas visit http://smalldogs2.com/VacationIdeas
For a variety of FREE reprint articles and special topic articles rarely found elsewhere visit Camelot Articles at http://www.camelotarticles.com